Gender Inference Tools - GESIS Website
What is it about
The Gender Inference Gesis website provides a comprehensive overview and evaluation of existing methods to infer gender from (i) names, (ii) or (iii) mixed (names and images). Additionally, it provides a service as a form of API or downloadable package for non-commercial and academic use.
On this platform information is presented about:
- existing commercial and noncommercial services to infer gender from images, names or both
- the accuracy of gender inference tools, tested on different datasets. This comparison is also carried according to certain features (gender, age, ethnicity)
- instructions on how to use these services
This is a non-commercial service that is targeted at social scientists and other researchers from non-technical fields, who are
- interested in assessing gender attributes from images or names in their research and
- for whom reliable and unbiased demographic inferences are key.